20100312

Arugula aka Rocket

I just needed to post about how much I love arugula!

I first tasted Arugula in Scotland when I was 16, on a pizza. They called it Rocket on the menu, which made it hard for me to find when I came back to the States.

Finally, I discovered what Americans call it and during this time, it wasn't easy to find the grocery stores. Now, however, you can get it at pretty much any grocery store in a nice big plastic box of green peppery goodness.

If you've never had arugula, here is my "tv host" discription. Arugula looks like a dandylion weed, but tastes like a slightly bitter, nutty, peppery green. I really can not compare the flavor to any other green, so all I can say is, go out to the store and buy some.

I currently add it to everything I eat... The other night I added it to a burger, along with fried salami and herbed goat cheese. It tastes amazing wilted on pizza or mixed in with pasta and right now I'm eating it in my salad with almonds and balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil (extra virgin really is the only choice on a salad).

Please, do yourself a favor and buy some, you won't be disappointed!

No comments: