20080825

Wine Night

I have, for some time, throughly enjoyed wine. However, I usually drink white wines.

Recently, Dan has shown an interest in wine and he and I have started a new event I like to call wine night. Creative, I know.

Anyway, the point of wine night is sit on our porch and try a new bottle of wine. I can't remember the name of the first wine we tried but it was an amazing reisling. The second bottle was a gift from my wedding shower called "Kris Hearted" and was the first merlot I've actually had a full glass of. It didn't really have much flavor, but the more we drank, the more we could taste the grapes.

The last wine we tried was Bogle Merlot. This was a dryer wine and I don't think I would drink it again, however Dan seemed to really like it. This time I cut up a smoked sharp cheddar, a summer sausage, olives, a nectarine and a yogurt cheese (very mild in flavor) to go along with our Bogle wine. It was a very nice evening just the two of us spending time together.

And so begins our endeavors in trying new wines and really allowing our taste buds to develop.

No comments: